Monday, January 6, 2020

Plan B day all around...

When I got home from the chiropractor I ironed the 8 yards of backing fabric (no problem), cut it in half (of course no problem) and then went to sew the two pieces back together (remembered to move them to their new positions) because I was planning to bring Cindy a completed backing.  


Something is VERY off with my tension.  Should have taken a picture of the stitching mess, but didn't.  At least my machine waited to go ballistic until after I got the top all put together. last night 


Cindy admired my finished top, and once I showed the mess to her (all the while apologizing for not having the backing ready to go) she immediately understood why I quit trying to sew.  She had a handful of suggestions of different things to check that might fix the problem, and I will work on that in the morning when I am at my best.  (She also said maybe I should think about a new machine since I just had this one serviced...)

I ended up choosing a blue thread, and a pattern something similar to this:



When I got home I called the block wall people to make sure they were still coming tomorrow, which is when I learned that we are scheduled for Wednesday.  Turns out they'd called Tom (while I was over at The Pig) to let him know we'd been moved back a day.



Do have a repairman coming tomorrow to check on both washing machines, 
and hope to be able to do laundry again soon.  


I also have the exterminator scheduled for tomorrow, so now I'm heading out front to sweep up all the stuff from the driveway (after Tom weed-ate) and front porch to ready them for spraying..  

No comments:

Post a Comment