Saturday, January 18, 2020

I made it through my gym session okay yesterday, and then picked up my sewing machine and headed over to Mulqueen's.  Since I expected to drop it off I left behind everything they don't want (bobbin, thread, etc.)  Even through they don't want the cords, for some reason I brought them along, though left them in the car when I went in.  I had hoped to talk to the tech (who wasn't in) to see what I'm doing wrong every time I clean out the dust bunnies.  


Luckily Janice was checking me in; turns out she's the only one who trouble shoots machine issues, and had me bring my machine over to the classroom table. I'd brought along a sample of the "sewing", and just looking at the mess she was pretty sure it was bobbin-related.  Sure enough the bobbin case wouldn’t jiggle so she thought I'd set it in wrong.  



However, well aware of my mechanical limitations <g> I had set the bobbin case down exactly in the correct position when I took it out so I would get it perfectly oriented when I replaced it. Happily I was vindicated when it then jammed the same way for her.


Janice was able to get it to "sew", and was all set to send me back home - though apparently she was able to tell from the look on my face that I wasn't sure.  So she asked me if I would like her to actually try it out with thread, and of course I said yes, offering to buy a package of bobbins and a spool of thread since I hadn't brought mine - though at least I'd brought along my power cord.)  That apparently wasn't necessary, and she found what she needed.  I am SO glad she did, because then it made the same jammed mess for her.



Several more tries and she got it to work, so I actually was able to bring the machine home with me.  But do you think I even dared to try it out once I got home?  


In my sleep-deprived state (I was well aware of that, and paid extra-special care to my driving) it didn't seem like the thing to do...



Despite the be-yoo-ti-ful day I spent the afternoon on the couch, 
and actually managed an hour's worth of napping.

Tom, however, took advantage of the nice day to fill in the gap along the inside of the new wall (would have been nice if Alex had been around to help) using the "extra" dirt from shaving down the too-high yard on the outside.  No doubt additional work will be needed after irrigation (in theory the last week of this month) once the dirt settles, but we're definitely getting closer.


This morning I managed to sleep until 4:00, an improvement of sorts over yesterday, but obviously still less than ideal.  Anything that needs to be done is on the agenda for this morning because I'm not likely to be very productive again this afternoon.  

Before I could post this Mary e-mailed, 
inviting me to have some fun with her today.

Would you like to go with me to OdySea today?  Conservation Expo - it's free. Dominic will be there with a croc representing the Herp Center. 

So she'll be picking me up around 9:30, and I should be home in time to crash this afternoon.

I am not going to be there long though. Have paperwork to shuffle through. 


JANUARY 18, 2020 | 9:00AM - 3:00PM


OdySea Aquarium Foundation invites you to the 3rd Annual Conservation Expo! Learn how YOU can be part of the solution and make a positive change for the planet.
This FREE family-friendly festival will feature:
  • Photos with OdySea Aquarium’s animal ambassadors including African Black-Footed Penguins and Squidney, the lovable two toed sloth
  • Live animals including raptors (hawks, falcons, vultures), reptiles, and more
  • Pet adoptions through Arizona Humane Society and Dane Haven, Inc.
  • Sampling of sustainable fish tacos prepared on-site by our executive chef
  • Fun and interactive, hands-on activities
  • 40+ organizations who are making a difference
  • Raffles for exciting prizes including private animal encounters and tickets to OdySea Aquarium and Butterfly Wonderland







No comments:

Post a Comment