Saturday, January 25, 2020

Yesterday I brought another two bags of grapefruit to the gym with me.  I ran into Shirley-with-the-glasses again in the locker room and turned over one bag to her.  Walking to back room to warm up a random guy asked for one from the other bag, and I was happy to oblige.  Jim still had some at home left from Tuesday's delivery (he did comment on how tasty they are) so Cassandra (who had also asked for one) was thrilled to get the entire second bag.  Waiting on phone calls from Shirley, Carol (and now Cassandra) to schedule a time to come over and pick a bunch. We have way too many grapefruit to eat by ourselves, and always hate to see them go to waste.  It's too bad Marilyn isn't coming out this winter to load up her truck.  Guess I'll just keep bringing bags (and bags) of them to the gym!



Tom was at the doctor when I got home yesterday - and there was no Brownie there to greet me.  I walked back to Alex's and "found" him, and got to enjoy some of the quinoa Alex had put together the previous night.  He'd also gotten a smoking deal on eggs (5 dozen for less than $4!) and asked me if I'd hard boil a bunch of them (I do seem to be able to manage that 'recipe' so that they peel easily) which I did - and of course had to test one to see if they were done.



Brownie was quite happy to make a return trip to the dog park yesterday.  It was doing less business (somewhat overcast, and cooler than on Thursday) and the Small Dog area was totally empty when we arrived, so we went to play in the Large Dog section.  


No real issues, I'm happy to say, just one little "discussion".  


I got to play a little frisbee with a couple of the dogs, 
but neither of them was anywhere near as good as Echo was. 



 Later, when a few Small Dogs showed up, we transferred over there for a bit, but we were back home well in time for my 3:00 oil change appointment.  So now another chore is now taken care of.



After a shower I'm off to Wickenburg this morning for their quilt show.  Marcie is at the big show in California, Linda is "stuck" taking care of Zahn, and Wanda & Perri are tuckered out from their week, so I'm just going to head up there by myself and look at all the pretty quilts.  



No comments:

Post a Comment