Friday, January 10, 2020

Yesterday the bank had immediately debited the $3000+ when I transferred funds into my VISA credit card account, but didn’t show a deposit pending. When it still wasn’t there this morning I called the bank.  First story I got was it’s a different department so could take a day or two. But upon further checking it seemed the money had gone into an old VISA account - which Tom had cancelled when he switched banks a few years ago! Naturally we were not smiling when we heard that...and sure hope things are straightened out by tomorrow!!!



The missing credit card bill got me to thinking that I hadn’t gotten an electric bill in a while, and sure enough that arrived today.  It was quite a hefty (though it has been cold, and I have been using the heating pad a lot) but then I realized it included the previous month also.  With two important pieces of mail MIA it sure looks like our mail was compromised; I’ll need to alert the post office.



On Tuesday Jim had forgotten that we’d cancelled that day’s workout session, and today when I went to the gym at the “new” location (at 59th & Peoria because ours is being remodeled this week - again) he wasn’t there.  I did some cardio, but was not sorry to skip a full workout since my back is very unhappy today.



The washing machine was scheduled to be delivered at 1:00 so I was surprised to find the truck here when I got home from the gym shortly after 11.  The guys were working on removing the old one, and I’m glad I was around to clean the floor before the new one was installed.  It just now finished running a test cycle, which went fine - though does noisier than the old one.  



Considerable progress since I left for the gym; the 'posts' are up!


No more leaning tower!

No comments:

Post a Comment