Thursday, January 30, 2020

At Busy Bees yesterday I dropped off some things on the "Please Rehome This Stuff" table, and came home with this fun pie fabric and a quilt book.  


Thought it would work up into some fun placemats, though wasn't sure what pattern to use. (The pix I took in Wickenburg Saturday, of a number of placemat ideas, were not retrievable from that memory card.)  And then this block came across FB, and think it's a winner.  I should be able to find two coordinating fabrics in my stash, right?



Once it got light this morning I could see that we got irrigation last night.  I had removed us from the sign-up list for this cycle (and Sue hadn't put us on the schedule) so I was confused.  But then it dawned on me.  We had opened up the main gate during the wall construction, but then closed it off afterward.  Unfortunately when we decided to skip a second cycle WE forgot to open up that gate again.  I immediately sent an apology to Sue this morning, but no doubt the folks that missed out on their water were pretty puffed in the middle of the night.



Looks like I really messed up!!!  When it got light out I saw that we had gotten water even though I’d cancelled this cycle to let our new block wall ‘cure’ (and you did your part leaving us off of the schedule.)  BUT apparently I had still left our main gate closed off.  Since the water would have come through in the wee hours of the morning, it must have really caused a major headache for the next person in line.  I AM SO SORRY!  We have been there (on too many occasions!), and it is NO fun getting up in the middle of the night to let the water go only to discover that it never arrived.  I’m glad our gate was unlocked (which is not always the case) so that someone (Terry?) could let the water go.  Aside from apologizing to the people next in line for water (will you please pass this along to them?!) and paying for the water we got, is there anything else we can do?  In our “defense” we do have a good 20+ year track record….

No comments:

Post a Comment