Sunday, January 12, 2020

Tried again to resolve the bank credit card payment snafu, and spent what seemed like days on the phone today.  Got closer to figuring out what happened (seems that I had gone to the Bill Pay screen rather than the usual Transfer Funds screen, which is what initiated the problem) but was using one of the portable house phones and <sigh> it died on me during the call.   Despite her taking down our number "in case she lost" me, she did not call back.  I did not have the energy to sit on hold and then go through the story again with yet someone new, instead deciding to try again tomorrow.



 I was cleaning out Pokey's crate this afternoon while she was cruising the yard this afternoon and the broom I keep out there for that use snapped off at the bottom.  


Of course I'd already made a Target earlier today, but looks like I'll be going again sooner rather than later to buy a new broom since sweeping her crate is a chore that needs to be done daily.



The new washer definitely has a much larger capacity than our old one.  Even though I didn't come close to filling the tub, loads coming out of the dryer were larger than usual.  It's also deeper, and thus not easy for me to reach to the bottom and pull out the clothes out when the cycle finishes.  It's interesting that the tub doesn't fill with water (good thing the directions noted that feature!) but the clothes did end up nice and clean.  Unfortunately the lid locks, so there's no throwing in that last item that didn't make it in to begin with.  It's also weird that the soap goes in first, before the clothes, since that makes it tricky to decide how much soap to put in before knowing the size of the load (which the washer senses before adding the appropriate amount of water.)  No doubt I'll get used to it, but at the moment it's a little peculiar.



Tomorrow I have my appointment to find out the results of my sleep study.  


Of course I'm curious to see what they show.


No comments:

Post a Comment