Monday, January 6, 2020

Brownie just made me smile by zooming in his dog door and then immediately launching himself, taking a flying leap across the room and into his dog bed that lives under the quilting table.  


Yesterday I had confused him just a little by moving said bed a couple of feet to the TV side of the table;  I did not want him to access his special spot via his usual route since the wedding quilt was laid out of the floor to measure the centers for my borders - especially since Murphy's Law dictates that would be the time he would come in from the backyard muddy or (even worse!) with some of Pokey's poop on him.


I did get a drop of blood on the quilt over the weekend (after stabbing my pinkie with a pin) but luckily noticed the spot before I put a hot iron to it and set it in.  I was then able to erase it fairly easily by dabbing it with some cold water.



Breakfast now over, it's time for a shower. After that I should still have time to iron the batik yardage, cut it in half, and then join the two pieces together (hopefully not where I just cut it..... which I did once!) to make up the backing piece.  


I'm thinking sparkly gold "wedding ring" thread, though have absolutely no thoughts regarding how to quilt it.  I'm curious to see what patterns Cindy will suggest this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment