Sunday, January 19, 2020


I wrote a fairly lengthy post last evening around 8:00, chronicling my day - but for some reason <sigh> not only didn't it post, it didn't even save.  Somewhat surprising, since I'm pretty sure I kept saving it periodically as I went along, as usual.  


Not going to rewrite it, but suffice to say that Mary and I definitely enjoyed the Conservation Expo.  Virtually all the booths were interactive, and there were a wide variety of animals in attendance, many allowed to be touched -  including alligators of various sizes.  (Mary's grandson Dominic was there, showing 'Baby', the largest one.)  We were pleased to see that so many parents were aware of the Expo (I certainly hadn’t seen any advertising) and had brought the kids for a wonderful learning experience.

Despite waking at 4:00 yesterday I had quite a productive afternoon around the house (worked on the binding, did more laundry and changed sheets, swept the porch/driveway again, filling half the can (will be happier when all the leaves have finally fallen), vacuumed, etc. and even spent a little time in the yard (it was a gorgeous day, not to be wasted.)  I was somewhat surprised not to be dragging (helped that my headache was gone) and it wasn't until 8:00 that my tiredness kicked in.  I managed to stay up (and reasonably alert) until 9:00, but that was as far as I could push it.  

Once again up at 4:00 today, I've finished the Sunday crossword puzzle and whipped up a second block.  Hope to get more done this morning, especially since I'm putting off some phone calls (like 'fighting' with the hotel over next month's quilt retreat room rate, and with the credit card folks to get fees/interest removed.)



Now that it's light out it's definitely time for a break... in the hot tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment