Sunday, January 26, 2020

The labels and info packet from AQG (for next month's show) arrived, so I figured this morning would be a good time to get the sleeve ready to attach tomorrow at Anything By Hand at The Pig.  (And also a "sneaky" way to show off another one of my quilts tomorrow?)



Working with black fabric I also figured this would be a good time to (finally) hook up the new Ott light Marcie gifted me last month.  It actually took me a little time to find the On button - 


and then I was disappointed at how un-bright the light was - that is until I went to turn it off.  When I hit the power button it went to a brighter setting.  Hit the button again to turn it off, and got an even brighter setting... lol   


The box would've alerted me to that perk - 
except that I'd removed the light from it and then tossed it some time ago.



After I turned the sleeve right-side-out and ironed it with one side narrower than the other (so it doesn't pull once the hanging rod is inserted)I pinned it on to the back of my quilt - and only then did I realize that I had it upside down.  So I got to take it off and re-pin it, and now it's ready to be worked on tomorrow.



I've been up since 5, and here it is 10 and Tom has not yet appeared.  I've lost the most productive part of my day (so many things I want to do that don't fall into the "quiet" category) though I did muck out more of my bathroom cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment