Wednesday, January 1, 2020

This afternoon I got a large batch of turkey soup underway.  


There's still plenty of turkey left over, so maybe I can talk Tom into making some yummy turkey burritos for dinner.  He's not a fan of turkey soup.



As for the status report on the wedding quilt, I now have columns 5 and 6 sewed together and ready to attach to first 4.  But that 'probably' <g> won't happen until tomorrow morning.



Wanda called this afternoon to catch up (I've been thinking about her, but knew she was quite busy with family and holiday company) which was nice - at least until she "reminded" me that once I get all 9 columns together I'll still have to put on the borders. That means I'm not quite as close to being finished as I thought.


Apparently!




Today I did some laundry, thinking it would be nice to start off the new year with all clean clothes,  and got a nasty surprise.  When Tom came in from the shop and opened the door to leave his shoes in there he found that room flooded.  (It was particularly weird to find the tub filled to the top since I was running that second load on the mini-cycle setting.)  I fast-forwarded to the spin cycle to drain all the water, and now that it's finished spinning I get to mop up the inch-deep water in there.



Speaking of Tom, just now he finally tried on one pair of the new snuggly sweatpants I got him for Christmas; he's continued to wear those horrible red ones this past week despite several "suggestions" from me that he retire that pair and move on to the new ones. 

YES YES YES!


Of course the new ones look MUCH better, though they are a tad long.  However I expect they'll shrink to a perfect length once they're washed/dried. However at this point I have no idea when that might happen since it appears that we may be shopping for a new washer.


No comments:

Post a Comment