Friday, January 31, 2020

I lost one of my favorite earrings yesterday!  


Realized it when I got up from the couch last evening (and where I performed a very diligent, but ultimately unsuccessful, search.)  Since I have NO idea how long it had been missing it could be almost anywhere.
  



Sent this apology e-mail to Sue at the irrigation office:

Looks like I really messed up!!!  When it got light out I saw that we had gotten water even though I’d cancelled this cycle to let our new block wall ‘cure’ (and you did your part leaving us off of the schedule.)  BUT apparently I had still left our main gate closed off.  Since the water would have come through in the wee hours of the morning, it must have really caused a major headache for the next person in line.  I AM SO SORRY!  We have been there (on too many occasions!), and it is NO fun getting up in the middle of the night to let the water go only to discover that it never arrived.  I’m glad our gate was unlocked (which is not always the case) so that someone (Terry?) could let the water go.  Aside from apologizing to the people next in line for water (will you please pass this along to them?!) and paying for the water we got, is there anything else we can do?  In our “defense” we do have a good 20+ year track record….
Bobbi


I also stopped by Terry's yesterday morning to apologize to him in person (though no one answered the door), and after Sue forwarded my e-mail I received his reply this morning:

My first inclination is to have you strung up and flogged 20 times, but it might not pass the headline test and I do not think the Board would approve.  We had a few others who “messed up” this week mainly because we haven’t done it in 2 months.  I will recommend a “SEVERE” letter of reprimand (for our files), so that the flogging can be brought up in future infractions.  Lastly, I was thankful I was able to get in your back yard to release the water without being shot.  Terry

I was glad the gate was open (that's not always the case) 
so he didn't need to also wake us up!


We really hope to get back on Terry's good side since we rely on him to take over irrigation on those occasions when both Tom and I are out of town.  Hope that Sue was correct when she said "an apology goes a long way, " and relieved that flogging seems to be off the table (at least for the time being....)


I FEEL TERRIBLE!!! (And did stop by your house around 9:30 that morning to apologize in person, but no one was home.)  As you know we are on automatic, but when we decided to cancel a second cycle because of our new block wall we just spaced out opening the gate.  We take full responsibility (though glad flogging is off the table, at least for now.)  The good news is that a mistake like this on our part is not likely to reoccur.  As for a severe letter of reprimand for your files – I agree that a running list of infractions should be kept as rationale for actions that need to be taken when people keep screwing up.  (While I hope those actions don’t include flogging, having been on the other end many times I certainly can understand people feeling that way!)


 Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment