Friday, March 6, 2020

Yesterday was a beautiful day, with temps in the mid-80s!  


Next couple of days are predicted to be more of the same, though rain is possible on Sunday. It was a perfect day for Alex to do stuff around the yard for me.  He scrubbed Pokey's crate, because even though I sweep it out daily it was getting pretty ripe.  


Instead of dragging over a ladder from the shop he hoisted me onto his shoulders (a very uneasy feeling) so I could reach the hummingbird feeder we decided the tree trimmers had tucked away on a higher branch.


It felt like I was going to fall - and of course I weigh considerably more than the sweet young things he's used to carrying around like that - but I guess it could have been worse....



Alex also made two trips to the dirt pile on 37th Ave. (Brownie & I went along to "help" on the second one) and the 14 buckets of dirt he hauled back did a  great job filling in around one mulberry tree (where a volunteer palm had been cut down) and one cottonwood (where huge suckers had been cut away.)  Should be easier to mow around both of them now.



And speaking of dirt, Alex rode his new dirt bike around the yard (even took Brownie along at one point) and then talked me into riding it.  It's a fun little bike, though (NO surprise) I tootled along at a much slower pace. 



Finally got to meet 2-week-old Hannah (Michael stayed in his crib asleep during my visit) and gift the two quilts, as well as the bag of newbie baby clothes I'd picked up at a recent yard sale.  Alex visited with me.  Also in the photo are big brother Willie (8), sisters Julianna (7) and AnnaLise (almost 4) though Tommy was off somewhere with their dad.



Did okay with the CPAP last night, though lost some points because of 20 leaks/hour and 7 events/hour.  I think one of the 'tricks' is making sure the hose attachment doesn't pull on the headgear, which is easier said than done.  



After a 2:00 bathroom run I took a zolpidem and went back to sleep - but only until 3:00.  


I stayed horizontal in bed until 4:30 when I finally gave up.  Sure hope that this med (#5 that I've tried over the years!) also hasn't stopped working!


 Naturally I hate being up this early, but on the plus side I should get a fair amount of sewing done before heading to the gym later.  Yesterday I made up a "sandwich" so I can try out some ruler patterns for the placemats I'm currently working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment