Wednesday, March 18, 2020

In the One-Less-Thing-To-Worry-About Dept:

Early in March I got a letter from BoA informing me that I would be receiving a new contactless credit card which would "arrive shortly".  Naturally I kept an eye out for it in the mail.  When it hadn't appeared a week later I was starting to get somewhat uneasy since we'd had some recent issues with mail going missing.  


Just about the time I was ready to call the bank (this past Friday) I got an e-mail advising me that the card had been mailed the day before - and yesterday it arrived safe and sound.



Still haven't heard back from Social Security since my visit there two months ago when I dropped off all the paperwork, and had been getting ready to check back when the social distancing warnings first started surfacing.  Of course now there's no way that I'd visit that office any time soon - even assuming they're still open.  



Long ago I'd also planned to renew my driver's license this month (it expires on my birthday, but that's so close to the October deadline for the new required ones that I wanted to get ahead of the crowds.  Again, even if ADOT is still open (also doubtful) there's no way I'd visit there now.

No comments:

Post a Comment