Tuesday, March 10, 2020

This morning I worked on getting the bindings attached to the four placemats, joining the tails on each before going on to the next one.  That turned out to be a good plan, because on the last placemat I ended up with a major snarl trying to start up after folding a corner.  I was forced to take off the plates and clean out the mess and dust bunnies, and (as usual) the machine did not want to work after my cleaning.  Took it apart again, got a few additional baby bunnies out, and was very relieved when it "agreed" to start working again.  Now all that's left is the blind hand-stitching, which I am bringing with me tomorrow to work on during the Foothills meeting.



The gym parking lot was not as packed as usual today - and Jim said he's had a lot of clients cancel until after the corona virus threat is over.  I'm being a bit more conscientious about washing my hands after I'm out and about (and do plan to sanitize my seat area when I fly next week) but am not changing my schedule.



Marcie and Latina visited today, and I got approval on the placemats.  While the quilting is not perfect, I am mostly pleased with the overall effect - and  assume that with practice I'll get even better.



Carol came over today to harvest bags of lemons and grapefruits.  
I'm glad to share the bounty since we can never eat it all!



Melodie finished embroidering the label for Elena's wedding quilt, and she'll be dropping it off tomorrow afternoon.  From the pic she sent today it looks great!  (The red stitching outline will come off.)


No comments:

Post a Comment