Thursday, March 12, 2020

I enjoyed yesterday's meeting at Foothills, though I didn't make as much progress on the placemats' binding as I'd expected.  Just another thing that's taking longer than expected... <g>


A lot of us expected it to be cooler yesterday due to the rain and thus showed up wearing our winter clothes.  Laura and I both coveted this penguin sweater.



Marcie wasn't the only award winner at the AQG show; 



Carole Paul's quilt also won a ribbon (though she hadn't brought hers yesterday.)
  


We had a visitor at our table, Ruth's 4-year-old Collin grandson (who made sure to add that important "and a half".) He behaved very well during the meeting, and kept busy with some sewing he had brought with him.  Marcie encouraged him to join Show & Tell and show his completed necklace, which he did (to the delight of all the grandmothers in the room) though he did look a little overwhelmed.




Yesterday was the Paint Chip Challenge reveal.  
(I didn't participate because I had enough other deadlines on my plate!)  



Each of the three winners received a $10 gift certificate.

1st Place went to Carole -



 2nd Place went to Donna -



 3rd Place went to Betsy -


And here are the "Also Ran" paint chip entries -


Ruth won the monthly raffle, a kit with nice bright fabric, having bought the winning ticket just as Laura had the jar in hand and was getting ready to pull out a ticket.  At the beginning of the meeting Laura had announced that only ONE ticket had been sold, so (even though I didn't "need" another kit and more fabric) I bought a ticket, as  did a number of the other ladies.  Most of the tickets were red, but mine was blue (and turned out that there were only a couple that color) so when a blue one was nabbed I got my hopes up - only to have them quickly dashed.


Ruth's helping with next month's potluck, but hadn't remembered to bring along the sign-up sheet to send around.  She got quite a laugh when she 'explained', "Because I remembered my hat."



Some of yesterday's Show & Tell -

Lynn's 3D chocolate quilt was beyond adorable!



Lately Betsy's been focusing on stripes, 
which worked well on her bag's Tumbling Blocks.



Barb took a class, and (despite "flunking coloring") 
turned out this very pretty pillow.



Afterward we made a stop at TOQS so I could pick up some of "Mom's" Bryce Canyon fabric.  I'm still deciding on a possible project. 


While there I discovered some more pretty bird fabric on the sale shelf 
that also "needed" to come home with me.



Last stop was the pharmacy, which despite having sent another request to my PCP on Tuesday still had not heard back.  I called Neil (as requested) and he did some additional checking and found that it had been okay-ed "at 12:23", yet the pharmacy called me shortly thereafter to say it had been denied.  Another flurry of calls (turned out the refill had been denied, but a new one-month order had been sent), eventually the pharmacy called to say the new order had been received, and then in the evening texted that it was ready.  I'll pick it up today during my errands.



Melodie dropped off the finishing touch for the wedding quilt, an embroidered label which turned out lovely.  After I add a little blue border I'll get that sewn onto the quilt and then be "officially" finished, at which point I will can pack it up for next week's travel.



Stuck inside due to the rain (at least it waited to pour until I was home for the day) I got three of the placemats completed before I quit for the day.  


At bedtime I fought with the CPAP, and at 11:30 <sigh> gave up on it. 

 
Sadly I have been up since around 4:00, so I certainly didn't get enough sleep - though now I have plenty of time to finish that last placemat this "morning".  Then the set can be wrapped and made ready to mail today, because Tom's heading to post office to send off some stones to a new photographer.



After the chiropractor I will be stopping in at the Oxygen Store to see if Stephan can replace the headgear with a smaller size.  Otherwise I don't know what other options I have.  Yes, it's very frustrating!


No comments:

Post a Comment