Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Today would be Dad's 101st birthday.  


Here he was on his 90th, when I pulled off a surprise for him (and Mom) 
at this very happy celebration.   


Then just a couple of weeks later, on April 16, 
he was gone when his heart burst.




Alex finds the hot tub much too hot (while I think 101 or 102 is just right) so yesterday he got into the pool (!) to cool off.  Since that water temp reflects the nighttime low (currently in the low 50s) there's NO WAY I'd even contemplate doing this:


He did try to guilt Gabby into joining him - 
but she didn't get past the first couple of steps over by the shallow end.  



Brownie and I belong to the toe-dipping department!



Andy called yesterday to "check in" with me (though Monday I'd sent him and Sandy an e-mail with all the "news" at this end.)  It sounds like things are going well at their end as they shelter-in-place. Now that Spring Break is over he reported that his first lecture from home went off without a hitch.   When I mentioned how happy Sandy must be to have him home now, he said he'd be sure to "remind" her.  


When I mentioned this photo going around, of a woman knitting something for her husband <G>, he quipped that at least Sandy doesn't knit....



While I woke up so early today that I didn't score full points because of not enough hours logged on the CPAP last night, at least my hourly events number is are still nice and low.



Mucking is on today's agenda (never seem to make much of a dent in that chore...) along with sewing, and yardwork, etc.  So things here at the house haven't really changed much...



Hoping that today Alex can get a few of the yard chores done that I have on his list since rain in again in tomorrow's forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment