Sunday, March 22, 2020

I have a series of disappointments to report this morning. 

 
  1. When I grilled steaks for dinner last night they turned out considerably over-done (even for Tom!)  Obviously there had been flare-ups from drippings on the "flame tamer" covers below, so I will be scrubbing those off today.
  2.  Last night's movie selection (The Kid, "a western action film that centers around Rio Cutler who forms an unlikely alliance with local sheriff Pat Garrett and infamous outlaw Billy the Kid in a mission to rescue his sister Sara from Grant Cutler, the boy’s thuggish uncle and gang leader") was my choice, and neither of us was terribly impressed with it.  At the very least I expected some beautiful southwest scenery, but sadly those few scenes that took place 'out and about' were nighttime scenes (and even many of the daytime scenes were dark.)
  3. It was early when I woke this morning, and though I did enjoy listening to more of Sally's memoir I did not drift back off to sleep this time.  More than an hour later I'm still waiting on official CPAP data to post.

Now that it's light I'll soon be off to swing by the ATM (meant to do that when I drove to the post office the other day to drop off  Sandy's birthday gift in the drive-through mailbox) and collect some cash.


  While there hasn't been any mention of a run on the banks (yet), it does seem wise to have some cash on hand "just in case".  Hope the machines are still stocked, and not in "TP" mode!



Other than that, today's plans include "more of the same" - 


so it probably <g> would be a good idea to schedule Brownie's walk for earlier in the day "just in case" I run out of steam again in the afternoon.



Latest update from Lisa included the simple statement "I have not tried to make any more bread" which was another bit of disappointment since the stories of her first two attempts were so entertaining.



As it turned out, there were chuckles just ahead...



Blaise was throwing a lizard tantrum this morning and it turned out he had pooped on his plush sloth which is favorite spot to lay and snuggle. (Understandable that he did not want poop to be on it.) So I started cleaning his tank, and put him in his bath while I did so. Then he pooped in his bath and had another tantrum, so I had to clean him, and his bath, and his tank, and his sloth... Also, since I am trying to do as little laundry as possible (to conserve laundry detergent and necessitate fewer trips to the grocery store, and to keep me from having to touch shared surfaces in the apartment laundry room) I had to wash mister sloth myself and now he is drying on the shower rod. So my morning was mostly consumed with Blaise nonsense.



If (like me) you wonder exactly what constitutes a "lizard tantrum", 
I got this answer when I asked:

A “lizard tantrum” is where he’s like I DO NOT LIKE THE SITUATION I AM CURRENTLY IN AND I HAVE VERY FEW TOOLS WITH WHICH TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE!!! so he kind of flails around his tank like he’s trying to get out. He wants to be far away from the poop, but his agitated freak outs actually just get the poop all over him and his tank and he’d be much better off if he would just go sit on the other side of the tank until I can clean it. 


FYI I actually Googled "lizard tantrum" for a photo, 
and was surprised to find just how common they are!


No comments:

Post a Comment