Monday, March 16, 2020

Not long after I l notified Jim about not coming in for my workouts I got a text from him: the gym is closing tonight, and not re-opening until (at least) April.  The AQG Spring Meeting in April (which Marcie and I were planning to attend) has been cancelled, as well as several Busy Bee meetings and events.  At least we have not been told (yet!) to shelter-in-place for 3 weeks like in the San Francisco area, including where Lisa and Logan live.



I did attend Anything By Hand at The Pig today.  It's a small group, and we easily sat 6 feet apart while we sewed and chatted.  Most of the ladies were working on their needle-turned applique, like this one.


I got a fair amount of hand-quilting done on Melodie's quilt, though somehow <g> it seems like the more quilting I do on it the more I find there is left to do.



Janine came to pick up her fun camping-themed quilt.





Speaking of camping, Alex hopes to go camping with some friends later this week, and in the interest of doing some target shooting went to Sportsman's to pick up ammo.  Not only were they out of ammo - he said the line of people waiting to buy guns was incredible.  Tom quipped that they want to be able to protect all the food they waited in line to buy. 



Mid-afternoon I took Brownie for a walk in the large park up 35th Ave., which was surprisingly pretty empty of people.  He had no trouble finding LOTS of smells to follow - but soon ran out of "ammunition" himself.


 
During his call yesterday Andy mentioned that Riderwood had (finally) implemented policies in an attempt to protect what is a vulnerable population.  Then today I got this from Mom: 

Greetings from solitary confinement.  They’re really clamping down here which is good but very boring; EVERYTHING  has been cancelled, including housekeeping. 


And later, she sent this:

Sometime this week the dining rooms in Independent Living will close and we will have our meals delivered to our apartments. Talk about solitary confinement, even in prison they have group meals. Also means my plans for dinner on Wednesday are kaput. I wonder if I’ll get my Peapod order tomorrow and how long this will last?  So many unknowns.  All this is to enforce the recommended six foot space between bodies. Other restrictions also that don’t relate to me. Housekeeping in the apartments no longer exists and I don’t even have a vacuum, just a broom.


After lunch realized I was missing one of my penguin earrings.  Looked around house/yard, in the car, and was afraid it was gone for good.  But when I checked with Cindy it turned out that Deb had spotted it on the floor, so that penguin pair are now reunited.  



When Wanda was on her way home from an appointment today she dropped off some of her famous fudge, but didn't even come in.  I'll need to make sure I get my "fair share" since Tom and Alex will be more than glad to "help" me eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment