Friday, March 27, 2020

Yesterday Brownie and Vera had an absolute blast playing a rousing game of tag that involved capturing the blue doughnut.  Maybe next time instead of laughing at their antics I'll manage to get some video to share.



Vera did land herself in the dog house again, when Tom caught her in the act of chewing on the pool noodle he'd attached to the gate to close the gap.  When he yelled at her mid-shred he got an innocent look from her.



  Reminds me of when I had the dreaded playground duty at school.  


I'd see some kid doing something he shouldn't, and blow my whistle - 


at which point the only one on the entire playground who would hear the whistle and respond to it would be the guilty party, all the while insisting, "I wasn't doing anything." 


Another agenda-less day.  Now that all my usual appointments are on hold 
it has been easy to forget what day it is.  


While I have missed all the quilting get-togethers, 
I'd be lying if I said I was sorry the gym sessions have been cancelled.  


And then yesterday I got the following text from Jim:
Esporta is working on a virtual training program over the web.  You will be able to schedule your current session with me, hopefully at your regular time.  The app will be free, and I will get you details soon.



Alex, who truly enjoys going to the gym 


did a workout in the back 40 yesterday.  
Brownie and Vera "helped" him run his sprints.



We never did get any of the possible rain yesterday. 


Now that it's light I see clear blue skies and so expect a beautiful day to get more done in the yard.  Do wish I had a large bag of potting soil so I could repot some of the front porch plants.  



Of course potting soil is only one of the many things on my ever-lengthening "non-essential items" list.  Not only does that list continue to grow rapidly, it also appears that it will have a long growing season.


That's because not only is the pandemic news grim, it's likely to get even worse before it gets better.  In the interest of staying healthy we will only venture out for true necessities, like food.  Of course it would help if EVERYONE did that...

No comments:

Post a Comment