Saturday, March 21, 2020

More very good news to report in the Sleep Dept.!  


Not only another 100% - but my events score dropped to 1.6/hour.


Again I hadn't awakened for a bathroom run until around 4:00 (when I was aware that I had already experienced the REM stage.)  Like most of us with "nothing to do and nowhere to go" today, I decided to do an experiment.  


Instead of taking something to go back to sleep I turned on my book (I'm currently listening to Sally Field's memoir In Pieces, read by her) and set the timer for 30 minutes. Not only did I fall back to sleep until almost 6:30 - but even better, I'm reasonably sure I again fell into REM sleep!  


FYI - Dreams have included filling in 'our' pool with dirt, walking a heretofore unexplored area of 'our' property, experiencing a surprise irrigation, meeting one of our 'neighbors', and attending a fancy luncheon of rich horse people.  



Yesterday I headed out back to check on things - 
which is when I noticed this!  


Not having heard any mention of this from Alex, I assumed it had just happened that morning when his friends were getting organized and packing up before heading north to go camping, figuring that someone had backed into the pillar.  




But when I texted him to ask about it, it turned out it had occurred several days ago during a "whiskey throttle" accident on his dirt bike.  

Whiskey throttle is what happens when a rider loses control, panics and loses even more control resulting in sometimes serious injury but at best hilarious moments.


Happily (and luckily!) the novice rider had escaped injury.  Less important (but nice to hear) is that Alex had already contacted Mitch to repair it - and will be paying for said repair out of his own pocket.



I've been enjoying all the quilting pix that have been coming across my FB feed as people have been busy while staying home from work - so it should come as no surprise <g> that I am madly adding ideas to The List.


  Having already made a number of shadow quilts because I love the effect, 
here's a crumb quilt that had me drooling!



Yesterday I played with some of my scrap strips - 


though of course I made virtually NO dent 
in this large, and very full, box of Snippet Strips.  



Had to laugh at this, recently noted by a friend:

You know all those tasks that you postpone until you "have time?" 
I've discovered that the truth is that I really don't want to do them.

No comments:

Post a Comment