Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Yesterday I pulled out several more bags of (as yet) unsorted scraps from the closet, pawing through them in search of blues for an I-Sew-lation Blues project.  Have a couple of ideas (yes, for new projects...) in mind, and just wanted to play with fabric without worrying too about much of anything.  





After dinner and a game of Rummikub (I finally ruined Tom's winning streak) we turned on the TV to watch some Good Omens (recommended by Lisa when we were in danger of running out of movies to watch) "a 6-episode miniseries based on the 1990 novel of the same name by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.





Turns out CC is not available (I thought all new TV/movies included those?!) so instead of rewatching the first episode to catch some details we missed we simply moved on to the 2nd episode last evening,  Tom wondered out loud how closely the production follows the book.  I consider it a 'good omen' <g> that the show was created and written by Gaiman, one of the book's authors, who also served as showrunner

showrunner "is the leading producer of a television series, and the person who has overall creative authority and management responsibility for a television program. In films, the director has creative control of a production, but in television, the showrunner outranks the episodic directors."


 Too bad I can't get the book from the library now.  In fact the site won't even allow me to add it to my Hold list.  So I'm just creating an old school paper & pencil list to remember all the titles we want for when the library reopens.


Lisa's suggestion was a good one, and we are enjoying it, but last evening I did fight to stay awake at some point - around 8:30! My eyes got very heavy and I desperately wanted to close them.  (Have I "caught" Mom's TV sleepiness?)  The good news is I did get a second wind and made it through; the bad news is that I was STILL awake at midnight, "reading" my current book.  



Then, when I went to put my mask back on after my 4:30 bathroom run, I discovered that clear plastic nasal attachment had pulled off.  When groping around in the dark didn't work I needed to turn on the light to look for it (and eventually found the small clear plastic hiding in plain sight) but on the plus side at least now see how it comes off and thus can clean it properly today.  I did fall back asleep (with the help of meds) until about 6:30, and did score another 100%.

Hadn't soaked in several days, but ("sorely" needed after a couple of days of some serious yardwork) it was one the first things on this morning's agenda. 


Checked in with Mom, who is still doing fine.
 

Alex made a grocery run to Winco for us this morning.  He said the store was quite well-stocked, and so he found everything on my (short) list.  The only item he couldn't buy was Matzoh (Passover begins April 7) which wasn't all that surprising.  With stores needing to prioritize what they are having delivered I would have "guessed" Matzoh is pretty low down on the list.  Maybe I can get this guy to deliver some?



Then the plan is to get in more sewing
before it's time to pop the turkey into the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment