Friday, March 6, 2020

It took me a very long time to get the sewing machine set up this morning; I had lots of trouble with all steps, including a bonus needle stab to my finger trying to get the ruler foot on.  When I was finally up and running it took me a while to figure out a pattern because I didn't like the first one I tried on the sandwich.  Once I started on the real thing I had to do a fair amount of ripping (of tiny stitches, of course) because things slipped.  Then before I finished I had to change feet and thread to mend a couple of pairs of pants for Alex (and then change everything back) 


but bottom line is that one place mat is now quilted and ready for binding.  



And, because of one of the tricks I learned in a video, 
the back looks as good as the front.  



I'm assuming (and definitely hoping) that the next three, 
on Sunday's agenda, go a lot faster!



Tom weed-ate the back yard, so it looks quite tidy.  Of course everything needed to be swept (again).  And if we get that "possibility of rain" in a few days that would also help rinse off the deck.



Tomorrow I'm off to the Renaissance Fair with Mary. 
So there "could" be pix showing up on Sunday.



Won't make the mistake of taking Loop 101 like I did last Saturday!


FYI Alex said he took some pix of me riding the bike yesterday, and also some with Hannah, so once he sends them to me I'll be sure to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment