Monday, March 2, 2020

Mary's photo "proves" that I was at the show with my quilt.  
(My right arm, however, looks like it was elsewhere....)



Over the years I have 'managed' <g> to collect an assortment of tropical fish fabrics. My original idea is to use them in a quilt inspired by one of Nancy Goins that I liked (she'd used Asian fabrics) but this fishbowl idea has definite possibilities!



Monochromatic quilts present their own challenges - but I'd say Lexi nailed it!




Naturally I'm collecting ideas for my Copper Canyon landscape quilt -  


So I will keep the quilting on her waterfall in mind!



My first (and only) wedding ring pattern has been the modern one (without curves) that I will be gifting to Elena later this month.  Someday I may get brave and try a traditional one, but in the meantime will have to settle for admiring those of others.  
(Notice that all of these are sporting ribbons...)




Interesting use of differently-colored centers in this Double Wedding Ring.



This quilter used her flower fabrics for a more delicate effect, 
then accented them with an appliqued border. 




Another DWR entry with floral fabrics, and also with applique in the border.




Animals make for wonderful subjects!  Barb (my roomie at Susan Carlson's week-long class a year ago) entered the project she started there.  As you can see, she finished hers - while Echo is still sitting in the exact same state in which she left Tucson a year ago. 



This one is for Cindy, and obviously I was not the only one thinking of her since I was not the first one to pass along a photo of it to her.  The delicate tulle wings made it that much more whimsical.




This seahorse is Jeannie's.  Not only didn't she have time to add all the planned embellishments before the show, but she was still finishing it up the day of the final deadline (notice that in her mad rush the sleeve got slapped on too high and peeks up over the back.)  Then, having passed the date for dropping off at collection sites on our side of town, she had to drive it over to Mesa.







(I have a yard of that floral backing fabric - 
but mine came from a bolt that didn't print evenly.)






Stunning piece!  Mary is an owl person, so it was no surprise that she liked it much better than the one that received the blue ribbon in that category - but so did I!



Upon closer inspection we discovered that it was pieced, not appliqued! 



A few blocks from a quilt that made me smile:






This quilt pattern shows up at many shows, and always makes me smile also; 
the shoes are just too adorable!



Finally, here's Mom's ''reward' for having slogged through all the quilt photos 
(though - full disclosure - I did e-mail it to her yesterday.)


No comments:

Post a Comment