Thursday, March 19, 2020

Alex made an early morning grocery run (quite a sacrifice for him to be up and out at that hour) and he traveled a bit of a distance - but it was worth it because that grocery store had food!  He had taken our list along with him, and was able to find much of what was on it.  So now we are better stocked with necessities like milk, bread - and ice cream!



I did not get so tired last night, and was able to finish last night's movie selection (The Lincoln Lawyer) without struggling.  It was sometime after 11:00 before I fell asleep, so when I made a bathroom foray at 4:00 I did take something - and managed to log another two hours.  



Again I scored another CPAP 100%, but am still experiencing that same 3/hour event number. However when I touched base with RoTech yesterday (they will be sending me my replacement items) the woman there said anything under 10/hour is good (really?) and under 5 is excellent.  Doing some research this morning, I found the following information in a variety of places:  

CPAP machines are designed to reduce your AHI, but not necessarily eliminate them. That's because it's considered normal for everyone to have up to four apneas an hour.

So I will stop "trying" for a score of zero in that department.  Of course the best indicator will be if I start to feel less lethargic, which is all I really care about.


No comments:

Post a Comment