Friday, March 13, 2020

Because of my lack of sleep Wednesday night I was in veg mood much of yesterday and so never found the energy to post yesterday afternoon or evening.  



Due to the weather (people in Phoenix really don't know how to drive in the rain) I'd left for chiro earlier than usual - and before I finished the last sides of the last placemat.  However I was happily surprised that the drive didn't take me any longer than usual.  Although the "damp" weather (we have received a LOT of rain already this week, with more expected today) has 'encouraged' various joints to speak to me, my back was actually in pretty good shape with 'just' that same hip out.   The good news is that his laser treatment seemed to help a lot.  I was also able to pick up a small vial of iodine (to add a few drops to my CPAP water) which had turned out to be harder to find than I'd anticipated.



On the drive home I exited the 101 at Bell and stopped in at the CPAP place right nearby, but unfortunately Stephan wasn't in the office; turns out that he is out in the field (at the VA) on Thursdays. I made an appt for 2:00 today, and sure hope the issue can be remedied easily.  Last night I gave up after an hour, and again <SIGH> have been up since 4:00.  That makes three mornings in a row...



Marcela called yesterday with a California update.  The governor has banned gatherings greater than 250, and she "suggested" that I not fly in next week but instead drive out with Sally who had also originally planned to fly.  Neither of us want to end up quarantined for two weeks there if someone on our plane turns out to be sick.  



And speaking of sick, Elena's job brings her into contact with large groups of people at (inside) events, and after her latest gig in Vegas she is sick, though Marcela isn't sure yet with what.  It's possible the "large group" wedding will be postponed, and thus also the shower.  And of course depending on what Elena has we wouldn't go out there anyway.  Marcela says she is "taking things almost hourly", so Sally and I are on standby with regard to our trip out, tentatively planned for next Thursday.  I was able to cancel my California flights on-line, and now have a credit to use with-in the next year.



Picked up some books at the library - and, more importantly, my Rx.



Once home I got back to work on the last placemat, thinking Tom was waiting on my package before heading to the post office to mail his.  So as soon as I finished that fourth one I wrapped them up and readied them for mailing.  But in my haste I forgot to take a photo!  


I will say they turned out quite nice, and Dad would be proud <g> of how much better my bindings are these days.   Maybe the birthday girl will send me pix after she opens them?  


And then after all my rushing Tom never did make it to the post office yesterday, though he does plan to do that this morning.



Despite the current barrage of cancellations of events nationwide I figured Alex was "safe" with spring break outside on the beach (though they do run events where the students party at bars at night.)  But then he called yesterday to say that RockStar is shutting down their involvement with spring break due to the pandemic.  Our phone connection was really bad, cutting in and out, and I could barely hear him, but think he's heading home.  Can only assume that the rest of the events he had on tap (like Country Thunder) have also been either cancelled or postponed.


My concern now is what will happen to my plans to fly to Maryland the end of April to spend a couple of weeks with Mom and "help" her celebrate turning 93 -


though (obviously) there's nothing I can do other than wait and see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment