Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Another stellar score of 100% on the CPAP last night, though I'm still registering "events".  (Last night's number was 3/hour.)   I'm also still waking up earlier than I care to - which also means that I tend to fade early in the evenings.  Last night I gave up the fight around 9:00 (before the end of the movie Clue) so will need to finish watching that sometime today.



Chatted with Rachelle this morning, always pleasurable since we are definitely on the same political wave-length.  She reported that my uncle (who turns 98 next week) is still doing amazingly well, always welcome news.  She'd called Mom recently to see how she was doing, but (as I well know) said it was difficult for Mom to understand her on the phone.



Terry reports that things at Valley View are pretty normal for her, though I knew that the hot springs itself recently closed down.  The biggest change is that visits from family and friends (and it seems like there is always a steady stream of those) have been halted for the duration out of an abundance of caution since Hilda and Neil are especially vulnerable.

We are doing okay here so far but are being cautious.  Neil's sister from Chicago and her husband were in CO Springs for a wedding over the weekend and had planned to come stay a few days with us but we decided not to risk it.  And Dan and Tim were going to spend a night this week but we've cancelled that too.  Other than missing out on good company coming to visit, this social distancing doesn't have a big impact on us.  Keep to our house ✔  Cook at home ✔  Stay away from large crowds ✔  Pretty much just normal life for us. 


I went to vote today and there was no line, though a couple of people arrived as I was leaving.  Last night's news reported that the vast majority of people had already voted by mail, though I choose not to vote that way that because it seems like there are often "surprises" regarding candidates right before election day.  When I asked if they'd been busy today, I was told it had been "steady".



Popped into PetSmart on the way home to pick up some dog food, and chatted briefly with Sharon who was there to pick up her pooch from the groomer.  Now I'm home for the rest of the day, and with rain predicted for tomorrow plan to take Brownie on a nice long walk in a bit - possibly over to where Alex is building a neighborhood dirt bike track.

No comments:

Post a Comment