Tuesday, March 10, 2020

I made a quick trip to PetSmart yesterday, but without Brownie because I also needed to stop in at Target and it was too warm to lock him in the car even for a shot trip.  His nails have been clicking on the floor, so while there I checked to see when he'd last had his nails trimmed, and it turned out he was due.  Since his vaccinations needed to be updated before they'd take him, when I got home I grabbed last month's paperwork from the vet along with him - but for some reason had set down his leash before heading out to the car, so it's a good thing I stashed a funky one in the trunk for just that eventuality!  Though Brownie was not happy to have his nails trimmed he managed to  'survive' - but  was extremely happy to leave!



The forms Tom and I needed to sign (so our taxes could be e-filed) arrived via e-mail yesterday, and I was able to print them up without issue.  


On my drive over to pick up our paperwork, hand in the signed forms (and pay) I kept an eye out for someplace to grab ice cream.  


You'd think that here in Phoenix there were be a 31 Flavors, or Dairy Queen, or Cold Stone on every other corner - but I never did see one.

  

Afterward I "had" to stop in at Modern Quilts (basically across the street) where I found an adorable girl fabric for the border on the project Mary and I are going to start when I get back from California, along with three additional white-one-white fabrics for the Pink Project.  When I was checking out, the woman asked if I'd seen the one-block-wonder in the classroom from that girl fabric.  I hadn't, so of course I cruised back to check it out.  (The fabric is much cuter than it shows in my pic from my phone.)


I also got a charge out of this Wiley Coyote decal 
"covering" a dent on a car parked near me.




In the late afternoon I noticed Mr. & Mrs. Mallard drop into the pool - as did Brownie, who went out and barked and barked and barked at them (though they could not have been less impressed.) 


 Eventually I went out to snap a few pix, but first grabbed the broom to pull Creepy's hose away. The ducks did not take kindly to that and hopped out, at which point Brownie raced over to them so naturally they flew off.  So much for photos...



Though yesterday was mostly a warm sunny day, by late afternoon it had clouded up and cooled off, and definitely looked like rain.  (Irrigation got cancelled because of the predicted days of rain.)


 Once it got light this morning I could see from the wet deck that it had rained during the night.  It has actually just started raining again, though not very hard... yet.



Now that I'm done playing on the computer I'm off to finish attaching bindings to the placemats (before I head to the gym?) so I'll have things to work on at the Foothills meeting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment