Monday, March 2, 2020

Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday -

 
and also that of my brother-in-law Don.   I sent him a cute mug "from" Frannie & Stubby, and Marilyn sent me a photo... but since I can't find it I may have mistakenly deleted it during a major purge this afternoon.



This morning I spoke with Stephan about the issues with my CPAP.  He said I could not have 'stretched' anything by running water through it.  I also asked about the 'running nose' sensation (though each time I move the mask to wipe my nose, it isn't running) and to deal with that he suggested I adjust the humidity level.  With his help I got into that menu and have turned it down from its current (automatic) setting of 4 to a new setting of 3.  



Perri LOVED the buttery-feeling llama leggings.  
She tried them on when she got home, and they fit.  



Finished most of the binding on Michael's quilt, though need to trim/sew the tails together before I can finish that last little bit.  After the gym tomorrow (happy to report that the pulled muscle in my right lat has improved daily) I will head over to JoAnn's for some flannel for the binding on Hannah's.



Alex just came over.  He's not feeling well and has been sleeping much of today. Yesterday he thought he was just tired, but was obviously incubating something.  Hope it's not the flu!  Dr. Mom gave him some Emergen-C.




Now for the next batch of photos from the quilt show.


This is a happy house quilt.




Pretty blue and brown batiks in this quilt -


and closer inspection revealed that a number of the pieces are crumbs:



I've always liked the black/white with red color combination.


It was disappointing that my photo turned out blurry -


but at least the close-up I took of the stunning quilting is in sharp focus!











This is wool applique on flannel -










One of the most impressive parts of this quilt was that the tiny white Hebrew letters in the center seemed to be needle-turn appliqued!



There are no words for how dramatic this simply-constructed quilt was...

















This rounded quilt needed a creative way to be hung.  The colored ribbons attached to the sleeve have open space between them.



I do like star blocks, though would have prefered brighter colors -


but check out the quilting!






















Hard to spot the lizard on the cactus...




Honoring Arizona Women




















No comments:

Post a Comment