Friday, May 22, 2020

Yesterday I picked up a beef bone treat for Brownie, and before Tom and I sat down to eat dinner I offered it to Brownie by his food dish.  He took one sniff and simply walked away.  After dinner I tried to tempt him again, but he still wasn't interested.  During the evening, when we watched a movie, I moved it over near us yet still couldn't tempt him.  Weird!



The movie I'd found for the evening's entertainment was Stranger Then Fiction (with Will Ferrell, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman, Queen Latifah, and Emma Thompson) and we both enjoyed it.  


"A fun, whimsical tale about an office drone trying to save his life from his narrator, Stranger Than Fiction features a subdued performance from Will Ferrell that contributes mightily to its quirky, mind-bending affect."

I'm glad Tom enjoyed it, because he has been so immersed in his current book (The Physician, by Noah Gordon) that he considered passing up the movie in order to continue reading.  Seeing him enjoy it so much I'm looking forward to my turn to read it, though it could still be a few more days; Tom's not as fast a reader as I am, and it's a rather long book.



Last night at bedtime I started a new Audible, The Throwaway Children.  It's started off well, capturing my interest.  Since I also have the books that Teri dropped off I'm reasonably certain <g> that I have enough reading materials on hand until Tom finishes The Physician and passes it along to me.


And now that Arizona has "opened" (though I'm still sheltering-in-place because there was no educated reason to open with numbers here still rising) it's possible that now I may be able to get books from the library.



The reason I'M continuing to distance myself from the outside world?  The respected epidemiologists' report BASED ON SCIENTIFIC DATA recently published in the NYT! 

According to new estimates from Columbia University, if the U.S. had started social distancing measures one week earlier, about 36,000 fewer people would have died by early May.  Make it two weeks, and about 54,000 lives — 83 percent — would have been saved.

Barring some miracle there will be a second wave in the coming weeks - and I'd rather NOT be a part of it!  As an example, virtually NO ONE at PetSmart yesterday was wearing a mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment