Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Happy Birthday, Mom!  


I'm glad to report she's in good spirits despite the lack
 of any sort of group celebrating this year.



Lately I've received disheartening news from a couple of people, so I was especially glad to get some good news at the doctor today - no surgery!

  

However the MRI did reveal two issues.  


In addition to the meniscus tear (which is being treated with a cortisone shot) I have a bone bruise about an inch away from the meniscus.  All the possible things the doctor asked me about (that could have caused it) are Alex-type activities, and certainly nothing I (usually in couch potato mode and with my bad back) would have done, so how it happened ‘tis a mystery.  


I'm to continue to keep using the crutch to keep weight off of it, and he wants me to have a second MRI in a month.   We’ll see how the issues are resolving themselves, and then go from there.  



On the way home, taking advantage of being out and about, I deposited a check at the bank, and then gassed up my car (for the first time in a long time.)



Stopped at home long enough to call Mom to clue her in on the results from the doctor, then headed over to PetSmart for another box of Brownie's afternoon wet dog food.  



As long as I was in the neighborhood I went to In-n-Out Burger to pick up lunch for Tom and me, and the line at the drive-through was so long they've had to move the entrance over to the Sportsman parking lot.



In the few days since I was last out, 
the jacaranda trees have all burst into glorious bloom.


No comments:

Post a Comment