Friday, May 29, 2020


I am SO frustrated with technology, having had two issues today.



I need to scan in a photograph, which sounds easy enough.  But while I can get the printer to copy the photo (which is no help) I can't get it to scan.  When Alex came over to pick up his mail I assumed he would be able to figure out the problem.  But when he tried, actually doing all the same things I did ("it should work"), he got the same non-result.  



If I had a nickel for every time I heard "it should work" I'd be rich!


 I then Googled the directions for scanning from my printer, but that simply listed the exact steps we'd already gone through - multiple times.  

I just don't understand why computers are so mean to me...




I'd started reading the second book of Noah Gordon's trilogy (Shaman) after Marilyn had gotten it for me on "our" library site and then sent me the link in an e-mail.  Again I was enjoying it from the first page, but after I took a break to do some other things on the iPad and tried to go back to the book it was hiding from me.  Sent an SOS to Marilyn, but (anyone surprised?) the suggestions in her texts were of no help, so I called her hoping she could walk me through it.  Her tech help still didn't work, and so my frustration level just got worse and worse.


I wish I could just get real books from the library, but lately it seems that the ones I want are only available as audio books or e-books.  That being the case, and with the aggravation I have accessing them, the library may end up losing one of their best customers. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment