Wednesday, May 20, 2020

It was very windy yesterday (as predicted) and at one point I heard a loud noise outside.  My first thought was that Pokey had fallen into the pool, but when I rushed outside (as fast I could grab my crutch and hobble out the back door) I was quite relieved to see her safe and sound, cruising her "playground" perimeter. (She does that so often she's worn a track along the fence line.)  


I did have Tom go investigate the rest of the property (maybe a limb had come down on something?) but happily he could find nothing amiss.



There was a fire in Scottsdale yesterday adjacent to homes, and of course those high winds made it extremely dangerous.  But it was fought aggressively and (as of last evening's news) all the houses remained safe.



Last night here were freeze warnings for Flagstaff (!) and "points north", and we're going to experience a 'cold' spell today with a predicted high of only 91.  But not to worry - in a few days we'll be back up to 105.


As of yesterday I think my headphones have finally shipped.  
(Good thing I never actually needed them last month!)  


Also ordered a book (not required, but "suggested") for my free Coursera class, Dog Emotion and Cognition, taught by Brian Hare.



And I finally ordered Tom's custom birthday gift.  For that I'd needed Alex's help, and when he didn't like what I had created I "let" him create the template.  Now I just have to hope that it gets here in time.



Did hit a snag when I went to pay for it.  For some reason VISA thought it might be a bogus purchase (because they noticed "unusual" traffic on my credit card) so until I called them and cleared that up the card wouldn't work.


Maybe one of my orders will be delivered by Chorizo and Cocoa?



No comments:

Post a Comment