Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Irrigation went well yesterday (our water actually arrived 10 minutes early) and everything got a solid deep drink.  Alex let Brownie and Vera run around in the Back 40 while he was monitoring the flow, and reported that my little guy actually deigned to get his feet wet, zooming around back there.  


All was fun and games until Brownie stepped on a sticker, 
and then Alex had to wade out there and rescue him.  



Pokey, meanwhile, has been rearranging patio furniture on a daily basis.


Yesterday she got so hung up I needed Alex's help to "untangle" her.



My replacement CPAP pieces did not arrive yesterday; maybe today?  Though my machine had  come supplied with a replacement nose piece, there was a small problem.  


Available in S, M, and L, I need the fit of the small size -


but look what was actually tucked inside the bag....


The current hissing noise due to leakage is annoying, so last night I decided not to even bother with the machine  - and happily seemed to sleep fine.  We'll see how productive I am today!



While many have been living in their PJs the past couple of months, I have been rocking my hot springs attire.  For some time I've been hoping to replace one of my favorites, a Jane Ashley dress that has been much loved/worn and "may" have seen better days.  


This morning, running another search, I found one (on Poshmark)
and naturally ordered it. 


That will be a happy package to find on my doorstep.  
(FYI I'm still waiting on my headphones...) 



One penguin placemat is virtually finished (just needs binding) though there was an issue with the 'snowflake' stitching along the side rectangles.  



While my practice run of that stitch worked fine - 


not so much on the actual piece.




Finished a book yesterday, which I enjoyed - and recommend.



Ape House delivers great entertainment, but it also opens the animal world to us in ways few novels have done, securing Sara Gruen's place as a master storyteller who allows us to see ourselves as we never have before.

Looking around the library website for another one to download, I was somewhat disappointed in the Historical Fiction section where so many of the booked sounded more like romance novels.



I'm still engrossed in my current Audible book.



Dobson’s writing draws the reader into the story with intriguing character development, historical context, and settings that go back and forth between the Magic Balloon Bookshop in Mount Vernon, Ohio, in the present day, and a picturesque village located at Lake Hallstatt, Austria, in 1938.
Dobson gives you a window into the rapid changes that occur in the beautiful idyllic settings in Austria as Germany (under Adolph Hitler) begins to take control of the country and then its people. Those glimpses will come through the eyes of Max Dornbach and his family living in a castle on an estate nestled next to the mountains; Annika, who takes care of the Dornbach estate along with her father and has been a childhood friend of Max; and Luzi Weiss, an accomplished violinist, whose Jewish heritage and family’s talents and gifts have been appreciated until events in 1938 begin to change everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment