Friday, May 22, 2020

I took Brownie with me this morning when I went to pick up my Rx at the drive-through.  He was thrilled to get to "go" somewhere, especially when he saw me pick up his leash ("just in case") though it probably <g> wasn't the most exciting outing for him.  However the woman at the pharmacy did comment on how cute he is.



On the way there we'd stopped at a neighbor's house to drop off the 8 water jugs that have been piling up in the garage.  I was able to drive right up next to their porch, though with the crutch leaving me only one hand I did need to make two "trips".  Brownie is perfectly behaved about staying in the car until invited out, so I was able to leave the car door was open.  Of course with their huge dog lunging at the big picture window that looks out onto the porch and barking madly (as always when I drop them off) I doubt Brownie would have ventured out even if he wasn't such a well-trained pooch.



Last stop was at Kathi's across 35th to drop off a bag of spools and another one of coffee tublets.  Mark was out by the driveway, and so I wouldn't have to hobble up to the porch on crutches I asked him if he'd grab the things out of the back seat.... and forgot to mention Brownie would be there.  Mark, not expecting a dog, was simply startled, though Brownie didn't try to exit and simply wagged his tail in greeting.



On the way home I drove past Marcie's, where I noticed that their oleander hedge has filled in nicely and looks great now that it's in full bloom.




Cindy felt well enough to post on FB this morning.

So this finally happened.  Tuesday of this week I received a brand new ankle. This is something I have waited a very long time for. I sustained a very bad injury to my ankle in 6th grade. Time and arthritis have done me no favors. I'll be non weight bearing for some time and will get around with the help of a knee scooter. This will be a slow recovery and I fully intend to listen to my doc. I'll be seeing you all soon. Her toes don't look swollen, which is a good sign, though of course I can only imagine what her actual ankle looks like at the moment underneath. Deb reported that once the surgeon got in there it was more complicated than expected (and they already knew it was going to be rather complicated) so the surgery had ended up lasting longer that predicted.

Since Marcie is not on FB I called her to give her the update (she appreciated that) and also commented on how nice her oleanders look.  She reciprocated by solving yesterday's Blanche mystery! It was a truly bad movie she had stumbled across the other day and had told me about "in case" I wanted to laugh at some really bad acting!



A lonely, gritty west Texas rancher has disengaged from life after loss, but an old compadre masterminds a crazy bet on a chicken named Blanche to help Tommy realize there are second chances at life and love. This tale was inspired by a true bet.


No comments:

Post a Comment