Friday, May 8, 2020

When I picked up Brownie's food at PetSmart on Tuesday, there was a cute dog-sized tent sent up at the front of the store.  Maybe next time I shop for him I'll remember to bring my camera.  In the meantime, here's a fun story about a Belgian mountain climber making the best of things during while he's stuck at home.



Once Alex moved everything off of the back porch for me yesterday I swept it in readiness for hosing it down.  Though I certainly removed a lot of dirt and leaves, he took exception with the less-than-perfect job I was doing and ended up taking over.   Possibly not the worst 'plan'..... <g> 


After Alex hosed everything off of course the porch looks much better - 
at least until Pokey 'possibly' tracks mud up there after Tuesday's irrigation. 



Mom is doing well – I talked to her yesterday afternoon to hear how the rest of Tuesday's birthday went.  She reported having a good day (phone calls, packages, cards) and said it was certainly a much better one than her special day last year, after she had been in the hospital (for a second time) and was still in rehab for that lengthy stint. We both hope that on her birthday next year, the third time will be the charm and the family can party together and do it up right!  



I’ve ordered some Mothers Day flowers for her, to be delivered today so she can enjoy them all weekend.  (Her computer is still down, so it's not like she can read my blog and have the surprise ruined.)  Here's the bright and cheery ladybug arrangement she should be receiving:


In theory even she won't be able to kill it before Sunday...



It's be interesting to hear what flowers she actually receives;
my confirmation did come with the following disclaimer:

This year, because of COVID-19, your local florist may have made substitutions using the fresh, seasonal flowers they had in stock. 


This morning I slept until 5:00, still earlier than "ideal" - 
but of course better than 4:00.  


Again I woke up with my CPAP off, which has been the case a number of times recently - and my other numbers have often been poor the last couple of weeks.  I'd really like to reverse those crappy numbers and change them back into happy ones!



Though I am supposed to be receiving some replacement parts monthly (and others every three months) I have yet to get anything in the mail - even though there were several phone calls to me in the beginning (I started in February) to check on this and that and get everything set up.  



At one point I did get a phone message that things "might" be delayed because of Covid19, but since parts of the apparatus seem to be especially unhappy these days I need to call and see what, if anything,  they can do on their end.



Also have a few other phone calls to make today, 
but other than that there's nothing on my "schedule"....



Peacock saga going on with some neighbors.  


Chapter 2 went down yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment