Thursday, May 21, 2020

That short-term memory?  Not getting any better.... sigh!


Can anyone tell me why I jotted down "Blanche" yesterday 
on the notepaper I keep next to the couch?


On the plus side, I'd gotten 91% of today's WP crossword puzzle done before I got stuck, after 15 minutes.  At that point I checked my accuracy - and only had one answer incorrect.  I set it aside for a bit; oftentimes when I return to it I'm able to fill in most of the remaining answers, and that was the case again today.  FYI I've been enjoying the crossword puzzles Marcie brought over the other day, and doing well with them.



Lately Brownie has been hanging out a lot at Alex's with (and without) Vera.  Not only do they have a lot of fun together (yesterday the two of them played tug-of-war with one of her toys) but I'm pretty sure <g> he's enjoying some tasty snacks over there; all of a sudden he's not terribly interested in his dry breakfast, though he does scarf down his afternoon wet food.  And the past few days he's even started digging through it - possibly searching in hopes of finding something better at the bottom?  I've also found the bowl pushed across the hallway to the bathroom.



Tom grilled a tri-tip last night and Alex joined us for dinner.  He no longer has blue hair, but wasn't happy with the bleached blonde look, so as of yesterday it's a silvery color.  He snapped this selfie with my camera:


He also took this one of me on the other couch.  See how long my hair has gotten?  I guess not, since you can't even see the ends!


Alex didn't do quite so well taking a pic of Brownie.. 
though I'm guessing it wasn't really the photographer's fault.




I did a bunch of trimming out front yesterday, and one of my tasks was to even up the wandering Jew plant after Yvonne took what she wanted.  Actually it had needed to be evened up with the edge of the house, which she had started quite nicely.  There was a rather large pile when I was done, but at least that plant pulls easily, practically jumping out by itself.  Here are a few of them rooting so I can plant them in one of the empty cache pots out on the porch.



In a bit I'm off to PetSmart for more of Brownie's wet food.  
He'd probably consider it a crisis if I ran out.


No comments:

Post a Comment