Monday, May 4, 2020

It's difficult to sweep while using a crutch - but it needed to be done, 
as proved by the pile I accumulated for the dustpan this afternoon.


Brownie tested out his new water bottle, and he seemed to approve.  
(Tom and Alex definitely did.)



I may have spotted a hummingbird nest high up in the mulberry tree over the hot tub, but I'll need to find my binoculars to check before I can say for sure.  Since they are so tiny they are quite tricky to spot.


Also think there's a "regular" nest on the back porch (on top of an old speaker) currently in use.  If Alex brings over his GoPro and stick we can take a peek inside.



And speaking of GoPro - Alex had a fancy RockStar helmet delivered today, and noticed it has a GoPro attachment on it.  I didn't get a close look at it so I don't know which model it actually is, but something like this.  



Naturally I'm  happier that he plans to wear a helmet - but also all the more worried that he thinks that some of the things he's doing are dangerous enough that he should be wearing a helmet.




Temps for this week are virtually unheard of this early in the season (<1% chance of such high temps the beginning of May, according to tonight's news), more commonly not seen until July.  Could be a very long summer...



The surprise check that recently arrived?


Our house insurance bill arrived <sigh> which ate it all (and then some.)



Wondering what movie I'll sleep through tonight.  


Last night I found a Tom Hanks movie I'd never heard of: Ladykillers.  


I understand why it wasn't a big box-office hit, but still may have to watch it again; 
I'm curious to see how it ended.



No comments:

Post a Comment