Sunday, May 31, 2020

Today is Andy's 64th birthday.  

  
Tried calling my baby brother (twice) to wish him a happy, but never spoke with him and had to be content leaving a singing message.



Mary had wanted to know "if" I wanted some freshly-baked raisin bread - and even offered to deliver it.  Instead, Brownie and I made a trip over there for a change of pace.  Wore my mask going in, and then Mary and I social distanced across the living room while we thoroughly enjoyed the visit.  



Brownie acted happy to be someplace other than home; he again got excited when he saw the leash, and vocal when we went into the garage.  At Mary's he briefly explored out in her lovely backyard before sitting by the back door "asking" to come in.  He seemed content to lie by us, relaxing while we gabbed, and I didn't notice when he went off to explore - but then we heard a yelp.  


Though both of her cats are declawed, one of them obviously did "something" when Brownie approached.  Mary assumed it was Merlin (who is braver) but we found Shadow in her bedroom closet climbing to safer heights, and think it was actually him. 



I would love to learn of a friend's cat, with claws, who would be "willing" to teach Brownie to keep his distance from cats instead of chasing them.  IF I could train him to be wary of cats instead of chasing them he'd be more welcome at the hot springs, where he terrorized Shadow last summer.  




Received an e-mail today that the external battery for my laptop is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to no longer needing to be tethered to a wall outlet.



Even though I mailed the checks for car insurance on May 8, I realized over the weekend that we never did receive the new Proof of Insurance cards.  Since the cards in all of our vehicles indicate that our insurance expired a couple of days ago (and Tom will be heading out of state in a few days to dig more fire obsidian) I see a trip to the insurance folks tomorrow for current cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment