Sunday, May 3, 2020

I've gotten a few packages lately, like the chemical cartridges for the hot tub.  Yesterday I replaced the old ones, and this morning when I soaked the water did look cleaner.  



Another package that arrived was some grapefruit infused salt scrub (which I'd selected from the zillions of available scrub options when I needed to add 99 cents to my order to qualify for free shipping.) My hands are certainly drier than ever with all the extra recent hand-washing, and I've liked the results.



I'm still waiting on a few other items, like replacement headphones for my iPad (no biggie since the flight to Maryland never happened) and the fancy water bottle (again no biggie since I'm not taking Brownie for walks.)


This morning I bumped down the hot tub temp setting two degrees, though it still feels nice to soak in the mornings. Yesterday afternoon, however, I actually got into the pool for the first time - though only up to my waist since the water is still too cool for my taste.  I do know that will change (all too soon) and we will be wishing for ways to cool down the water.  These folks had the right idea.

  
Brownie, obviously worried that I would put him into the water, 
kept his distance from the pool.



The orchid tree has finished blooming (those pretty blossoms sure don't last long enough for me) so it's not quite as pretty a view while I'm soaking.  The fruit trees, however, are so happy they're almost giddy.  



I've been meaning to snap photos of the new grapefruit crop for a couple of days, and finally I did that.  In some places there are clumps of half a dozen, though it was difficult to get their pix.




I also checked on the peach tree, which looks extremely happy!  


I'm counting on the netting to keep the birds away from most of them.



Look at all these Alex left unnetted for the birds.



Did a little work out back yesterday, including moving/scrubbing Pokey's crate.


But still not in the sewing mode.... definitely procrastinating.
Loved this quote that came across my FB feed yesterday:

"Let’s face it no; one wants to be an amateur crastinator!"


Yesterday it only got to 99, and same is predicted for today.  This coming week, however, the forecast is for considerably toastier temps, reaching 107 a couple of the days.  Our winters are sure nice, but now?




No comments:

Post a Comment