Friday, December 13, 2019

Usually I have the TV on when I'm sewing, though it does need to be something on which I don't have to concentrate.  Yesterday I enjoyed the (new-to-me) movie "Someone Like You", a 2001 romcom  in which Marisa Tomei played a supporting role.  


But she just didn't seem 'quite right' 
without her 1992 My Cousin Vinny accent...



This morning I ended up actually watching Acres & Acres instead of sewing;
needed to keep the volume down and watch the subtitles.


Based on a true story, the film is a heartwarming story of a woman (Katie Greene) with cancer who makes a list of memories to help her husband (Singe Greene) raise their sons after she is gone.  ‘Acres and Acres’ takes us on an interesting ride from the start. Bringing an emotional tale of a dying mother who refuses to moan her terminal illness, while preparing her husband and two sons to live their life to the fullest, the movie is exceptionally brilliant in delivering its message.  A motivational story to understand the beauty of life, it depicts the significance of love, affection, family, relations, trust and the most disturbing thought of mortality. Watch it for the inspirational note that life is not lost by death of a person but by death of spirit. Hence it is essential to continue living in memories, experiences, and adventures as much as we can in this beautiful opportunity called present.



The Mum's List Legacy (MLL) programme and workshops that support the best-selling book (written by Kate's husband Singe) and film have now been launched to help people recognise their responses to stress, learn how to change them, and how to 'live your best life', no matter what life brings.


And now I'm returning to my sewing machine.  


If I hadn't stopped to watch the movie I might have finished this final set of blocks before it got light out.  While currently it's still dark outside, the movie did eat up a substantial chunk of time - 



which means I'm 'not likely' to meet that particular deadline.


No comments:

Post a Comment