Wednesday, December 18, 2019

According to the porch thermometer the temperature had "soared" into the 50s by the time I headed out for my soak - though with a brisk wind blowing it felt fairly chilly so lowering myself into the 102 degree water didn't feel as warm as I would have liked.  However I am grateful that when I got out there was a break in the wind!



Chatted with Mom during my soak. She had a visit with the pulmonologist yesterday and received excellent news!  Per the doc's instructions she's been off of the inhaler for a while as a trial and (while she hasn't noticed any problems) the official word yesterday is that her breathing is totally normal.  Her next (and last?) visit isn't for another six months, so it sounds like Mom has finally fully recovered.



Also gave Linda call from the tub (there are only so many people I can phone early in the morning) but it was clear from her voice when she answered that she was NOT having a good morning. 




She asked if she could call me back (of course!) 
which is when I got the details.


Zahn has been staying with them, and when they went to take him to kindergarten this morning the automatic garage door wouldn't open.  It turns out the spring was broken so they couldn't even lift that extremely heavy door manually.  


Phone calls to a number of people did not turn up anyone available 
to make that school  run for them.



So they were stuck at home until the garage repair folks could arrive. (Just to add to the stress she has a quilt thing today, and then a doctor appointment later in the afternoon.)  When I called Linda had hoped it was them saying they were on their way - sadly not - though while we were on the phone when she called me back they rang the doorbell and she did her happy dance. 


Her next worry was whether they would have the part to fix it - or need to order one - which made me think of this:

One of the Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts posted yesterday that she is still without her sewing machine (it’s been in the shop 8 weeks already!) because they had to order a part so none of her Christmas gifts got done.  Her comment that “I think they have had time to forge the metal and build it from scratch and ship it from outer space!” made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment