Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Got the call yesterday (finally) to schedule the consult re my sleep issues. Their first opening is December 23, but at least I’m making some progress toward (hopefully!) solving my sleep issues.



Marcie answered my call for assistance yesterday morning, and by early afternoon the other set of placemats (made using the exquisite 'rejects' from her embroidery quilt) were well on their way to completion.  Like most things, it took considerably longer than I had expected - but also turned out much better than I had expected.


To show my gratitude for all of her assistance (she spent hours over here helping me when she could have been working on her stuff!) I treated her to lunch.  She chose Touch of Thai after having heard me praise their soup.  No surprise that we both thoroughly enjoyed our lunches of soup - and wisely had ordered the large portions just so we'd have leftovers to bring home for 'reruns' today! 


Arriving at the table just like this, each serving I ladled into my bowl was piping hot, exactly the way I like it.   It also registered just the right amount of flavor hot - I did need my water glass refilled several times...!



Tom, unfortunately, was disappointed with the dish he'd selected.



Two large bags of spools were awaiting me on the front porch, and I guessed (correctly) that Colleen had dropped them off.   I decided to make a quick hop over to Kathi’s (Brownie was excited to go for a ride in the car) to deliver the spools, as well as all the tublets, cans, and pop tops that had been piling up in the laundry room since my last delivery.  


By then it was mid-afternoon and I decided to wait until this morning (my best time to work) to return to the placemats.  Instead, I went back to blind-stitching the mouse binding.  While I didn't quite finish, I should have no trouble finished that last little bit sometime today during a break in my 'real' sewing.



Even though the placemats are "not likely" to be totally done today (as in quilted/bound) I do plan to bring them for Show & Tell at the Busy Bees party tomorrow.  I expect I won't be the only one <g> displaying not-quite-finished gifts!


I do have the gym later this morning, and also need to carve out half an hour at some point to devil the eggs - but otherwise sewing will be the main thrust of today's activity.



I plan to post "placemat pix later today (however far I end up getting) 
since I'm pretty sure the recipients do not read my blog.



But even if they do, since I won't be naming names 
they would still be surprised, right? 




No comments:

Post a Comment