Friday, December 27, 2019

I did (finally!) remember to clip one of the recalcitrant blocks last night.  Looks like I need more clips, so I will be stopping in at TOQS on my way home from the gym later. Now that the block is dry this morning I can unclip it, when I assume it will keep its shape and not spring back to its original dimensions.


*****

It did behave itself, and my other assumption 
(that it would look even better once I pressed it) was also correct.


Eventually column 4 was pieced together -


And after I snapped the above proof of progress I pinned it to the first three 
though at this point it is still waiting to actually be sewed on. 




We had yet more rain last evening/night <sigh> and my hopes are fading 
for a non-soggy yard on Tuesday for the landscape crew.  



Once it got light out this morning I snuck out for a  soak in the hot tub.  While everything is beyond wet (I even got misted on while I was in the tub) at least I didn't need to find a boat and row over...


While soaking I chatted with Terry at the hot springs.  They've had a fair share of snow already, but she says it 'hasn't been too bad'.  Hilda is enjoying her new rooms and has settled in nicely.  Naturally she's thrilled not to have to navigate all those stairs at the beginning and end of each day, and also finally (after more than a year) having her things out of storage and with her again.  Tatum's tumors have shrunk since treatment started, and (on days that she feels up to it) she is allowed to go to school (always wearing a mask.) Terry reports that Neil 'seems about the same', though of course she is with him all the time so changes are not as apparent to her as they will be to me on my visit next summer. 


Also chatted with Mom during my soak, but it was somewhat difficult because the captions on her phone weren't being very cooperative - even though I make it a point to speak slowly to help the technology any way I can.  She's been keeping me up-to-date on the flu situation: Ed came down with it in time for Christmas (and if Emily succumbs the kids could be in big trouble!), sounds like 2yo Maggie also caught it, Harry is sick with "something", and Gordon remains down for the count.  Sierra has recovered, and no word on Charlie's status or the baby.



As soon as I finish breakfast and get dressed for the gym I expect to still have a little time 
which I should use wisely and attach column 4.  


Some of the column 5 blocks got sized yesterday, and this afternoon 
I really hope to get closer to finishing that column.

No comments:

Post a Comment