Sunday, December 29, 2019

Lily and Logan spent the day here yesterday.  The early part of their visit was a flurry of gift opening, and everyone seemed happy with their haul.  I know I was!  The Cajun alphabet book (in English and French, with creative illustrations) that they found for me during their recent trip to New Orleans is a wonderful addition to my collection, 



I look forward to wearing the Read & Resist heavy tee/light sweatshirt (maybe today!), and I know I will enjoy this year's calendar on a daily basis as I turn over a new leaf each morning.



Logan, now 15, has matured in the two years since we saw him last, and is doing much better than when we first met him (when he had only been with her a couple of months.)



Their plan/hope for 2020 is to transition from Fostering to Legal Guardianship (different than adoption.)  That would make for far fewer bureaucratic hoops for them to jump through - though on the flip side it would also mean she would have to take the hit for any unpopular decisions and not be able to "blame" them on the court/foster system. 



Brownie was decreed "adorable" and got lots of attention throughout the day (which naturally he loved) but cracked them up by his obvious devotion to me - which pretty much trumps everyone else.



In the afternoon we snuggled under quilts (she admired my Disappearing 4-patch, and highly approved of the wedding quilt, but I realized later that I forgot to show her the quilt I'll be entering in the show in February) and watched one of their favorite movies, Pop Star, which was quite the parody.  While I admit I no doubt missed some of the 'in' jokes it was entertaining for its genre, with LOTS of cameos!



After an early dinner at Touch of Thai (once again disappointing for Tom so it's been crossed off of his list, though I of course enjoyed my soup) we lit Night 7 candles, did a last bit of visiting, and then drove them back to Scottsdale.  It had been a busy day at that end, moving Grandma Jane (who has Alzheimer's) into an Assisted Living house.  She was reportedly okay with the move as long as she could bring her yarn with her and continue knitting her squares.

    

Alex appeared briefly in the evening, pretty exhausted from his snowboarding trip.   After watching Instagram clips I was not not at all surprised to hear that a tree "came out of nowhere" and met up with his hip.   


Of course we already knew it would be quite cold up there (which he confirmed big time) and he was soon gone to soak and then crash.  Today is his day to get organized and pack so he'll be around at some point.  



There's a chance that we might rendezvous with Lily & Logan today (the MIM is a possible item on their agenda) but otherwise my plan is to work on the wedding quilt and also get organized for tonight's pajama party.

No comments:

Post a Comment