Sunday, December 15, 2019

I sized/pressed several columns of blocks, which is time-consuming - but I can see how it makes a difference.  Most only needed a little tweaking, but a couple of them are going to need additional help from my quilting mentor.



Before I ran out of steam (a distinct possibility when the "day" starts in the middle of the night) I did some housework, including a bunch of sweeping (inside and out) and mopping - and also washed a couple of loads of area rugs to go along with the clean floors.  Our yard has been making a valiant effort at drying out (so Brownie should be tracking in less gunk) though the horse pasture next door is still a lake.



Brownie and I walked around the park (it was definitely a ’happening place’ on this nice afternoon) while we waited for the library to open at 1:00; I wanted to pick up the book that had come in.  There was a new display of upcoming lectures, and this one will be going on my agenda.





From my vantage point on the couch this afternoon I watched a very large hawk land on top of one of our cottonwood trees. I wanted to take a pic but the screen was in the way, and when I stepped outside for a clearer shot it flew away.  Don’t think it could actually carry Brownie off - but could sure try.

No comments:

Post a Comment