Sunday, December 1, 2019

I got a better night's sleep, having popped a second round of medication when I woke around 1:30.  While I hate having to do that, I (even more!) hate not getting enough sleep -


and then sleep-walking through the day!


Hope to get (at least) one more placemat made today.   In theory <G> it should go a bit faster now that I "know what I'm doing", right?  


No surprise that it's been entertaining for Marcie when I ask her help with sewing issues... which (usually) have a very simple solution!


 In any event I hope not to have to do any more frog-stitching (like twice yesterday) as it takes SO much longer to rip out stitches than it does to sew them - and even more so when the machine has decided to miniaturize the stitches, which seems to happen when I put the pedal to the metal.



Also worked on my VOS lotto block last evening.  Took longer than expected (doesn't everything?) to find the 'appropriate' dark blue strips, but at least now that side is done.  This morning it shouldn't take as long to do the light side, and then that will be done.



I'm driving Alex to the airport later this morning - 
though technically I'll let him do the driving there.  


My plan is to bring along the mouse baby quilt (it's small, and light) and spend that half hour blind-stitching the binding; I need that project completed before Wednesday morning.



Trying to stay awake last evening I also started mucking out my sewing areas, re-shelving some of the fabric that been pulled to audition for various projects but "somehow" never made it back into the cabinet.  


And maybe today I will actually get around to removing everything that's piled up on the open shelf to the right of my machine, much of which doesn't get used often and thus can be rehomed to the shelves in one of the kids' bedroom out of sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment