Monday, December 30, 2019

Sleep Test Report:  
It was quite the production, with wires attached everywhere (to my scalp, face & jaw, body, and legs), a monitor in my nostrils to check my breathing, and clamp on my finger for oxygen saturation.  I thought I'd taken a 'selfie' in the bathroom mirror last evening, but apparently it didn't work.  (Maybe that's for the best? <g>) 



The hardest part of the test was trying to fall asleep on my back.  After an hour of lying there awake I was allowed to roll onto my side (still not my preferred position.) and did manage to drift off, but Belinda had to awaken me a little after midnight to reattach some of the leads on my legs.  As long as I was awake I used the bathroom, and then again I spent a long time on my back before Belinda said she felt sorry for me and let me roll onto my side again.


She had advised me at the start last evening that she wouldn't be able to give me any of the results.  (I already do have a follow-up appointment with the doctor scheduled for mid-January to learn what the test showed.)  When I was checking out this morning she did imply that I might need to return for a rerun of the test when she mentioned that I had had 'some episodes' - but hadn't slept enough for that number to reach the "critical" point, which apparently is a total number for the night and not just x/hour.)



I was asleep at 5:00 when she woke me (I'd finally taken a zolpidem at 2:15) and called a cab. (Tom had offered to come pick me up this morning, but I didn't think having him get up that early made much sense.)  The dispatcher said it could be an hour, and when Linda arrived in the waiting room to wait for her husband to collect her we started talking.  They live in Moon Valley, in the same direction not far past us, and were willing to give me a ride - for which I was very grateful.  (If not I might still be sitting there waiting for a cab!)  Brownie was happy to see me, and I was happy that  he didn't bark when I let myself in at 6:00.



Post "op" directions were to stand under a hot shower to dissolve the big balls of wax in my hair before applying any shampoo.  Happily the stuff melted out much more easily than I had expected from Belinda's description, which was a plus.



I still have several hours before I need to head off to the chiropractor, but don't expect to do much this morning except veg on the computer, and then possibly grab a nap in the afternoon once I return home.


No comments:

Post a Comment