Thursday, December 5, 2019


I got to work this morning continuing my stitch-in-the-ditch quilting of the placemats, and am really loving the invisible thread; wish I’d gotten brave enough to try it years ago!  It definitely makes any wobbles much less noticeable - and because I’m using the walking foot (to avoid puckers on the back) I don’t have that very helpful "wobble-proof" barrier on the quarter inch foot that I’ve come to know and love.




Because I took a break for a half hour soak this morning I didn’t quite finish by the time I needed to leave for the chiropractor. However I ‘used that time wisely’ <g> to chat with Tami and hear about their Thanksgiving trip to visit Leah in NYC.  They had a great time, getting to see The Rockettes, and the balloons on Saturday pre-parade - and the weather was cooperative during their stay. 




Because they knew the Sunday after Thanksgiving is the single busiest travel day of the year (unlike someone I won’t name...) they had already planned to fly back on Saturday night, and had no travel snafus.  She did say the airport ended up busier than expected because many folks were trying the change their flights to beat the predicted Sunday storm.



Good visit at the chiro - I always feel better afterward - though all problems still stemming from my toe/foot.  Whatever I did last winter/spring (only remember a large bruise that lasted a long time) is still an issue.  Though the pain has diminished over time my toe still isn’t as happy as it could be - and for the first time since I first learned to walk <g> I have to think about the basic process.



Stephanie gave me directions to a Barnes & Noble nearby, and afterward I stopped in to pick up another gift.  Checking out I was asked if I wanted to donate a book to Children’s Hospital (there was a display behind the counter from which to choose) and I had no trouble finding a couple to add to my tab.


Last stop was to pick up a refill of my eyeglass cleaner, then home for lunch: the last little bit of Thai soup, my leftover avocado half from last night's dinner, a deviled egg, and some bits of turkey. Then I got the turkey soup put together, and it simmered on the stove all afternoon.  Sent Alex a pic (he’s also a fan) and his reply: jealous!  (Though I’m quite certain he’s not going hungry!)  We had it for dinner tonight, and I'm thinking it's my best batch yet.



I was just getting ready to finish quilting when Marcie (and Latina) came by.  After she approved of my progress on the placemats they accompanied Brownie and me on a walk over to deliver some goodies to the pigs/goats/chickens.  


The guys were working on the block wall, which looks almost complete.  
Sorry that the animals won't be as easy to see from now on.



Have been enjoying Rachel Maddox’s commentary on this week’s impeachment developments, and getting an education of Constitutional Law.  But as she so aptly noted (on Monday) the report could not have been any clearer or more user friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment