Thursday, December 19, 2019

I'm running low on this (and not even halfway through squaring up my blocks) so once it got light this morning I popped down the street to Walmart to buy some more.  



On the short drive over the radio announced that it was 41 degrees out - though my car, having spent the night in the garage, was registering in the upper 50s on its thermometer.  Happily there was no wind blowing so it wasn't at all bad walking to/from the parking lot.


IF the day stays windless there could be a walk for Brownie this afternoon 
once I'm home from the chiropractor.



While at Walmart I grabbed a turkey, slated for our Christmas dinner, so it can start thawing in the shop fridge.  Tom keeps that set so low that that after close to a week the turkey for Thanksgiving still needed a bath in the kitchen sink!



During yesterday's visit to Wanda I scored all sorts of goodies, and (of course) Tom is also enjoying the fruits of her baking.  (He's not such a fan of the scented cream - though I love the way it smells!) 



Alex arrived home sometime last night after I went to bed, 
and I'm "pretty sure"<g> he will be glad to help us enjoy the goodies. 




Forgot to mention that Ben and Estera (and the kiddos) stopped by late afternoon yesterday with some freshly baked bread (still warm!) for us.  It not only went great with dinner last night but also made yummy toast this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment