Sunday, December 29, 2019

It was really cold last night - got down into the 30s! and I ended up having to add another quilt to the bed.  My new sweatshirt was perfect for today.


This morning one of my chores was filling in my 2020 calendar from post it notes and appointment notices, and naturally I found some conflicts that I'll have to resolve later this week.


Ran some errands with Brownie riding shotgun: Target (though forgot to get a jigsaw puzzle since that wasn't on my list), PetSmart (Brownie always enjoys shopping there), the library (which wasn't open yet so Brownie got to practice his "stay" when I left the door wide open while I returned a book to the chute; he passed with flying colors), and finally the gas station.  



Leftover tom yum gai soup was perfect for lunch (it was still quite chilly) so I was amazed when
Pokey actually emerged from her crate around noon.  



I bundled up after lunch and did some yard work.  Brownie was good and stayed each time I left the backyard gate open to dump buckets of debris into the can out front. Once I switched to the front yard, however, he earned himself a major demerit.  


He behaved fine supervising my sweeping of leaves from the porch and driveway - at least at first, until a woman walked by with her chihuahua. I didn’t notice him race across the street (I haven't really had to keep an eye on him in a long time since he seemed to have learned where I 'drew the line') but of course I discovered him gone once I heard all the barking.  He ignored my calls to return and I had to go collect him, at which point he got relegated to the backyard - this time with the gate closed.  Good thing no cars had been driving by!



Then I made a trip to Costco to return Alex’s microwave (it turned out to be too small for the opening) which went amazingly smoothly, taking a lot less time than I expected.  Once home I filled out pages of paperwork and questionnaires for tonight’s testing.


After that I took a shower and washed my hair, skipping the conditioner as directed for tonight 
since the leads work best on clean hair sans conditioner.



Alex came over for the final candle lighting (receiving his remaining gift from me plus the ones that Lisa and Logan had brought over yesterday) and afterward we went out to dinner at Valle Luna.  Tom and I shared a Mexican pizza (which I'd noticed at the next table) and I really liked it; he found it so-so.

Now it's time to head out for my pajama party.  Details "likely" tomorrow.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment